Tuesday, August 5, 2008

On the Job Hunt

Well, as some of you might know I'm looking for a job. Its been a little over two months since I was let go from my last job and I have had some ups and downs since then. I have done a lot of thinking about how to make myself a better person, as well as how I can present myself better to others. As a result, I have been keeping my hair well trimmed and my facial hair well groomed unlike in the past where I just let it do whatever.

There have been times while I have been looking for a job that I really did not make the effort I should have. And then there were times I worked really hard at finding employment. I have made a goal to improve my method of looking for jobs, and I hope I do find more and more places to interview. Sure the way I have been doing it has gotten me interviews, but there are always better ways, right. So if you have any good tips please let me know. I have a method that I will be using and I will add to it as new ideas come to me.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yea Ben, I like this new direction you're going. My baby brother is all grown up (sobs and sighs). I hope everything goes well for you. Good luck buddy.

David Oakes said...

I thought I was older then you.

Tracy said...

Good luck, Ben. If your method proves successful, we might have to borrow it...we only have one year of school left and then we'll be on the job hunt, too. That is a really scary thought. We're behind you all the way man!

Unknown said...

You're the man David Oakes! You are one in a million. AWESOME RESUME BY THE WAY!