Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Year of David Oakes So Far.

A lot of you may or may not know That I had a hard year last year. I really think what kept me going was that i was a temple working in the Salt Lake Temple at the time. It kept me feeling that I was needed and loved here in Utah. I left a singles ward where I felt the leadership in the ward was didnt want to work with me much with the issues that I had at the time. If you want to know feel free To ask I wont go into much detail on that here. But I felt that they would say one thing to and then not do it. So what did do I left the ward for a family ward. Where I talked to no one week after week and no one talked to me. So church wise the Temple was the only place where i felt that I was needed. I remembered the 1st time I went to the temple after it opened after 6 or so weeks after it closed to have some work done on it. I felt loved and needed. I cried all though out the session. That week it opened I think i went on tuesday, wednesday, thursday and saturday .


I ended it up moving to a new area where I could start over. And I did try somewhat to get to know people. I had my ups and my downs during this year. During my down times i made excuses on why things where going the way they where going because it was the easy todo. So its been a down time for a bit and i just let it go. But why should it go the rest of the year. Peace Out

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This breaks my heart a little bit Ben. I love you and I'm so glad you're a part of our family. We wouldn't be the same without you...and family get-togethers would be much more dull. I'm so glad the temple is a haven for you. We can't wait to see you!